Pitching instruction at A.B. Athletic Development is a combination of Strength & Conditioning protocols, throwing protocols and learning how to be a pitcher. Pitching instructor Adam Perkins works closely with Austin Wasserman and Bobby Tewksbary to blend the Strength Programs and Throwing Programs with the specific skill of pitching. Some key components of pitching instruction at AB are:
- Dynamic Warm-up
- Pre and post-throwing arm care protocol
- Pre-game routine development
- Throwing mechanics
- Video is be used extensively to break-down mechanics
- Routine – Work with pitchers to prepare during off-days for starts/outings
- PFP – Pitchers fielding practice to be a complete player on the mound
- Pick-offs – footwork, timing, and throwing mechanics of pick off moves
- Mental approach- Pitchers will focus time on understanding the game to not get too down on themselves or get too high on themselves.
Each Pitching session at AB Athletics is designed around player’s specific needs. Sessions focus on improving pitching mechanics, flexibility, pitch selection and much more.
It is also highly recommended for pitchers to be enrolled in AB’s Strength & Conditioning Programs to assist in creating flexible and strong movement patterns.
Evaluations ($30) are scheduled by contacting Adam Perkins. Once a pitcher has been evaluated, then they can be placed in a group or private program.
Private lessons are available ($80 session). Pitchers may also join 4 on 1 group which are already in progress (4 pitchers to one coach at $30 a session). All sessions are designated at least one hour with a Coach. Once the pitcher understands the pre- and post-throwing protocols, they will be expected to follow them before and after each workout.
E-mail email@example.com for all scheduling.